The purposes of our Chesapeake Public School’s plan, the UNESCO ICT Competency Standards, and my goals as an educator overlap and complement each other in that all want to ensure that our students have every opportunity to amass appropriate educational opportunities and experiences to build the skills necessary to prepare them for success in school as well as for success in our 21st century world. As a librarian, I am in a great position to share information and instruction with students and staff members as well as others in the profession. I also have unlimited opportunities to plan technology infused lessons for students at K-5 in my building, thus building skills for students while modeling for staff members as I share what we’ve done and how we did it.
Notes for 5b:
exhibit leadership:
-provide technology in-service opportunities for staff members
-provide technology session at our spring regional conference
-promote opportunities for growth and development through the VEMA website
Participate in shared decision making and community building:
-continue to serve on the Staff Development committee within my school
-continue to participate in learning community discussions and VEMA listserv communications
-continue participation in the VEMA board discussions and meetings
Develop leadership and technology skills in others
-recruit others to share their areas of expertise at conferences
-provide in-service opportunities
-share information gained at conferences with others in my building and in my profession such as at our quarterly librarian meetings for the city
Great work on this blog Terri! I also like the image of the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" book. I do hope you will continue blogging beyond this course. :-)
ReplyDelete